On the 4th and 5th Tuesdays of the month we put together study groups & workshops to learn new techniques, patterns, or handmade items for our Quilt Show boutique. There is $5 fee to attend these workshops to defray prep costs.
May 22 & 29, 2018: mystery quilt - Dani F.
Dani will once again lead the group in the making of a mystery quilt. It will be done on both the 4th and 5th Tuesdays in May. She said all you need to bring is 12 coordinating fat quarters of your liking plus two more to use as a design wall (these two will not be used in the quilt). There is a bit of homework to do to prepare for this mystery quilt:
1. Wash your fabric if you prefer
2. Press well and trim ea to EXACTLY 17 x 20
3. Keep all the scraps
4. Make 3 EVEN stacks of trimmed skinny fat quarters;
4 layers each
5. Bring 2 more ft. qtrs, untrimmed
6. No sewing machine needed at the first session
7. Bring a 18 x 24 cutting mat, an 18" ruler (min) and
8. Bring fabric and paper scissors
9. Bring 12 decent sized pins.
Past workshops: click here to see more archived workshops
March 27, 2018: The Betsy Bag - Virginia K.
Virginia led us in making the 3 in 1 Betsy Bag. It is a large bag when opened completely, but can be folded down to a small bag if desired. So much fun in doing this, the webmaster forgot to take pictures! Will have to wait for Show and Share in April.
February 27, 2018- Sue P.
Sue led the group in making these mystery quilts from the instructions printed on the back of our annual calendar handed out at the Christmas Party. Really cute!!